- This delicious meal was ready in 30 minutes and was so satisfying!
- I made the mango salsa myself. Just mangoes, tomatoes, onions, coriander, cumin, lemon and salt. I baked the tilapia with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and olive oil before using them in the tacos. I also just cut all the other vegetables and layered them over warm corn tortillas.
- Fun fact: In my research I found that corn tortillas were healthier on most counts as compared to wheat tortillas. The only thing that wheat won was the fiber content. Hence I opted for corn (with tacos, it even tastes better!)
Healthy Fish Tacos
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Taco
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- Corn Tortillas
- Baked Tilapia
- Seasoning (salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin)
- Black beans
- Chopped tomatoes
- Shredded pepperjack cheese
- Red cabbage
- Fat free Greek Yogurt (optional)
- Sriracha (optional)
- Sweet Corn
- Avocado (optional)
- Defrost the tilapia as per package directions
- Season it with salt, pepper, paprika and dry herbs of your choice
- Put it to broil in the oven (at 400 F) for 15 mins or till cooked through
- Prepare the mango salsa while you wait - mix black beans, mango, tomatoes, lemon juice, coriander, onions, salt and paprika
- Warm the corn tortillas on the stove
- Add a layer of red cabbage, the broiled tilapia, mango salsa, avocado if you have some, shredded cheese, a dollop of Greek yogurt and sriracha to taste
- Your delicious fish taco is ready!
Passionate about everything food – recipes, restaurants, ingredients – you name it! Soft spot for healthy food and fitness.Read more about this chef..
Hi Health Foodie Nuts!Welcome to my world of everything health. My name's Priyanka - social media expert by day, health and fitness lover by life. Born and raised in Mumbai, I brought my obsession with bold flavors to New York City. Here, you'll find everything you need to know about healthy eating and living all under one roof. Need quick meal ideas? Want to get the inside scoop on the latest health products and events? Need workout ideas to shake up your routine? Or do you just want to browse? No matter how you ended up here, you're in the right place.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org