Made a healthy, healthy, vegetarian and gluten-free dish after a weekend of eating unhealthy!
For 3 servings of the quinoa, zucchini and asparagus pilaf you will need:
1 whole zucchini, halved and sliced
3/4 pound asparagus, trimmed into one inch pieces
3/4 cup dry quinoa
1.15 cups vegetable broth
2.25 tbs minced garlic
8 almonds chopped
1.5 tbs vegetable oil, divided
For the dressing:
2.25 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tsp whole grain mustard
Juice of 3/4 lemon
1. Heat half the oil in a pan, toast quinoa in it for 5 minutes
2. Put broth in, let it boil, and then simmer it. Wait till quinoa cooks, around 15-20 minutes
3. While quinoa is cooking, hear oil in another pan, sauté zucchini for around 5 minutes, add asparagus and sauté for another 5 minutes
4. Add the minced garlic into the vegetable mixture and sauté for 2 minutes
5. Whisk the vinegar, mustard and lemon juice to make the dressing
6. Add the almonds to the cooked quinoa (make sure all the liquid is soaked), add the garlic vegetables, and then top with the dressing
7. Mix everything together and serve warm
Added tip: I didn’t have feta cheese, but I think that would taste great! Throw some in if you have it.
Follow me on Instagram for videos and recipes at @healthfoodienut.